A short and insightful course, delivered via Zoom
Whether you’re a parent or teacher, it’s tough knowing how to support a child with hyperfixation issues.
Being the parent of a child who hyperfixates can certainly be difficult. Often it’s hard to understand what’s going on for them and to know how to help them. It can be very frustrating when they waste their time hyperixating on unimportant things, and ignore more important things like schoolwork and household chores.
And standard teacher training does not equip teachers to deal with children who have hyperfixation issues. It can seem impossible to get them to focus on the right things, like classwork.
If you feel lost in how to support a child with hyperfixation issues, it’s not your fault. You simply haven’t been given the information you need.
In this course, you’ll receive practical advice on how to support children with hyperfixation issues, not just to get by, but to thrive in school and in life.
During the course, you’ll be joined by other parents and teachers who are learning how to support children with challenges including Hyperfixation, ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. As people who hyperfixate often face one or more of these additional challenges, this will give you a broader perspective on your child’s hyperfixation.
In the course, you will:
- Understand how people who hyperfixate experience stressors in their lives, which are often very different from things that would stress ‘normal’ people.
- Understand how these stressors affect behavior and learning.
- Learn how to identify and manage the specific stress factors affecting a given child. In fact, being able to recognize these specific stressors is a key to understanding and supporting a child with hyperfixation issues.
- Learn how to recognize subtle signs of stress early, so that you can avoid crises – making life easier, for everyone!
- Learn neurodevelopmental activities that enhance focus on the right things, reduce stress and support learning. These are activities that you can use at home and in the classroom.
- Understand how environmental factors may also cause stress. And learn how to manage those environmental factors to make life easier for the child.
- In addition to receiving practical advice on how to support your own child, parents will receive guidance on how to explain what you learn to your child’s teachers, so they can better support your child in the classroom.
- Teachers will receive guidance on how to apply what they learn immediately in the classroom.
- At Oxford Specialist Tutors we use the HANDLE® Approach to support students with hyperfixation issues. This course will give you an overview of that approach.
The group interactions between parents and teachers provide a rich learning experience and a community of support.
Course Format & Fee
The course is facilitated by Margo Fourman, Founder of Oxford Specialist Tutors.
The course is delivered in weekly 2-hour sessions over 4 weeks. The course is online, via Zoom.
The course fee is £199 and we accept online payment by credit card.
August 22, 24, 29, 31
UK/Ireland time: 7 PM – 9 PM
US Eastern time: 2 PM – 4 PM
Click on this link to register.
After we have received your payment, we will send you a calendar invite with the course details.
Get the Best Support for Your Child with Hyperfixation Issues
If you would like to talk with one of our experts to discuss what would be the best approach to supporting your child with hyperfixation issues, book a free consultation today.